The new Toyota Vios 2019 has officially launched by UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd at Kuala Lumpur Citywalk on Thursday, January 24, after having been previewed at the Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show (KLIMS) in November last year.
Available in three variants, this fourth-generation Vios is built on the previous generation model’s platform and its exterior is mostly new. It is the most striking and dynamic looking Vios we have ever seen since its first introduction in 2002.
This new B-segment is 5mm longer (4,415 mm) and 30 mm wider (1,730 mm) than the outgoing model, while maintaining its height (1,475 mm) and wheelbase (2,550 mm).
Under the hood lies the same 1.5-litre Dual VVT-i four-cylinder petrol engine as the outgoing model, outputting 107 PS and 140 Nm. This engine is mated to a CVT-type automatic that sends power to the front wheels. A drive mode switch that allows drivers to select Sport or Eco mode is fitted as standard.
Standard equipment of the new Vios (J variant, retails at RM 77,200) includes:
- LED DRLs
- Automatic air-conditioning with digital display
- Eco, Sport or Normal drive modes
- Headlights with follow-me-home function
- 15-inch wheels with 185/60 R15 tyres
- 7 airbags
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- 4-speaker audio system
- Keyless entry
- Push-button start
- llluminated door sill scuff plates
- Front footwell illumination
- Rrear parking sensors
- CD/radio head unit with Bluetooth and four speakers.
As for the mid-spec E, (priced at RM81,200), this variant adds:
- LED tail lamps with light-guide
- Front fog lamps
- Acoustic glass front windshield
- Auto-fold side mirrors
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- 8-inch touchscreen display audio with USB mirroring (4-speakers)
- Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Opting for the top-spec, Vios G, this variant (range at RM87,300) will add:
- Projector-type head lamps
- 16-inch wheels with 195/50 R16 tyres
- Leather seat upholstery
- Optitron meters with 4.2-inch colour Multi-Information Display (MID)
- Paddle shifters
- Electrochromic rear view mirror
- 6 speakers
Safety-wise, all models are equipped with seven airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, stability control and rear Isofix child seat anchors, with the E and G variants also getting a blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert.
The three-variant – J, E and G are priced at RM77,200 for the base 1.5J, RM81,200 for the 1.5E and RM87,300 for the 1.5G. Options include a RM2,160 DVD-AVX system for the J variant, a RM350 rear digital video recorder, RM2,120 premium solar and security tint (for the J and E) and the RM2,800 aerokit. All prices are on-the-road without insurance, inclusive of a five-year, unlimited-mileage warranty.
Five colours will be made available, which includes Dark Blue Metallic, Red Mica Metallic, Attitude Black, Silver Metallic, and Super White II.